I’m always telling people about the fabric deals I find at the Scrap Exchange in Durham.
Like these pricey discontinued decorator samples I bought for a quarter each.
Or these wonderful 60’s and 70’s trims–hard to find and a bargain to boot.
Scrap Exchange sewing classes are great bargains, too. For example, the Basic Sewing Workshop I’m teaching this Sunday afternoon includes:
- Three hours of instruction plus one free studio hour with my help.
- All materials for a pillow or tote bag which students design after digging through the Scrap’s awesome fabric stash.
- Solid instruction in two basic stitches (straight stitch and zigzag) which are key to making an ENDLESS number of wonderful things!
- Supplies and tools ( including sewing machines you can use or bring a machine from home It will love the outing.)
- Confidence when you sit down to sew.
All this costs only $30–even less if you’re a Scrap Exchange member. (Go to www.scrapexchange.org to sign up. )
And the results are very cool–I love seeing my student’s designs take shape!
More sewing classes are on the books. All are great bargains with tools and materials included (and you get to dig through the Scrap fabric stash–priceless.)